ORANGE police have charged an 18-year-old man over last month’s shooting at Springside.
The man is believed to be one of two people who shot at a farmer while illegally shooting on his property on May 21 at around 9.30am.
The alleged shooter was arrested in Orange’s central business district at around 11.50pm yesterday.
Yesterday afternoon police obtained a search warrant for his Moad Street apartment where they found a number of items which police believe may be associated with the gun used in the shooting.
Canobolas Local Area Command Acting Inspector Brenden Turner said police had not located the firearm.
“We’d like anyone with any information related to the whereabouts of the firearm used to commit that offence to come forward to police,” he said.
“Clearly the gun is somewhere.”
At the time of the incident police alleged the two men pointed a gun at the farmer and told him to drop his phone before they smashed it and then fired a shot less than four metres from him.
The man was not given bail yesterday afternoon and will appear in Orange Local Court.
Anyone with information is urged to call Orange police on 63636399 or Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.