Organisers have postponed this year's Great Volcanic Mountain Challenge run up Mount Canobolas in the wake of the spreading coronavirus.
Race director Russell Tym said they would try to find a new date in October within the next few days for the race to go ahead.
"We'll run it in October. Hopefully things will be clear by then," he said.
Mr Tym said they needed to find a date that did not clash with other events.
He said they had received about 230 entries for this year's event.
Mr Tym said runners would be contacted when the new date was known and offered the choice of delaying their entry until then or receiving a refund.
"It's probably a little bit lower than other years," he said.
The event was cancelled in 2018 after bushfires on Mount Canobolas.
We have removed our paywall from our stories about the coronavirus. This is a rapidly changing situation and we want to make sure our readers are as informed as possible. If you would like to support our journalists you can subscribe below...