Newcrest Orange Challenge cycling event has been cancelled, joining a growing list of events in the city which have been called off.
A statement on the official event Facebook page said the decision had been made following the government's advice to cancel gatherings of more than 500 people from Monday.
"We are sad to let you know the Newcrest Orange Challenge will not go ahead on Sunday 22 March," the post said.
"As this is a rapidly evolving situation, we ask all participants please be patient as we work out the details and speak with relevant stakeholders."
Updates will be made in the coming days.
The challenge joins several major FOOD Week events which were cancelled in the wake of government advice and three cases being confirmed in Orange.
We have removed our paywall from our stories about the coronavirus. This is a rapidly changing situation and we to make sure our readers are as informed as possible. If you would like to support our journalists you can subscribe below...