It's always been a hit-and-miss exercise to make predictions about the world for the coming year.
With world leaders such as US President Donald Trump, it becomes mission impossible, and one that I will quickly avoid.
At our local level, I may be on slightly safer ground with these predictions:
- Orange City councillor Joanne McRae will be our next mayor.
- The proposed toilet block in Robertson Park won't be built.
- Some of Orange's social problems won't be solved until there's a significant decrease in unemployment and under-employment.
- Increased funding for roadworks and new footpaths will be much appreciated by residents and visitors.
- Member for Orange Phil Donato will be re-elected as our state MP when elections are held in March.
What are some of your predictions for our city in 2019?
DO YOU WANT MORE ORANGE NEWS AND VIEWS?
- Receive our free newsletters delivered to your inbox, as well as breaking news alerts. Sign up below …