A standalone medical cosmetic facility has opened in Byng Street.
CosMedic Collective provides cosmetic injections, anti-wrinkle treatment, platelet rich plasma treatment using a client's own plasma for skin and hair rejuvenatio and PDO thread lifting for tightening skin.
It also provides medical grade laser for vascular and pigmentation. Cosmetic tattooist Breeana Brooke is also providing brow tattoos at the facility.
CosMedic owner Kylie Duncan has been an injectable nurse for 10 years, trained as a theatre nurse and has worked in Orange for the past four years.
She said in that time Orange has become a lot more cosmopolitan.
"Botox has become more of a an accepted procedure for self care," Mrs Duncan said.
She said it wasn't just about removing frown lines but helping clients feel better about themselves.
"We are very passionate about getting rid of the stigma around these procedures," she said.
"We don't use words like fix or change, there's nothing wrong with people that come in that needs to be done."
Instead, she said it was about positive body image and helping clients be the best version of themselves.
Mrs Duncan said all the staff come from either Orange or Bathurst and it includes the hydro facial that was popular at Macquarie Medi Spa, which used to occupy the space.
New manager for Philip Shaw
Philip Saw Wines has a new cellar door and events manager Kyle Lane.
Mr Lane said his entire career has been in the hospitality industry and at one point he owned a cafe in Redfern.
However, he said over the years he has visited Orange with his family so when the opportunity came up at the winery they relocated from their home in the Blue Mountains.
He said he joined the winery just in time for the lockdown but it reopened as soon as the stay-at-home orders were lifted and local businesses and producers were quick to supply meet, cheese and nuts for the tasting plates.
In addition to the cellar door tastings, Mr Lane will also run the events including between 20 and 25 weddings that are booked in for 2022.
Spun and won in 40 minutes
The $220,000 Spin and Win giveaway hosted by Orange360 and Newcrest has been hailed as a huge success with 1600 people taking part, and all prizes were given away in under 40 minutes.
Central West residents claimed 77 per cent of prizes were claimed with the remaining 23 per cent being sent all over the country. Mostly within NSW but some as far as Western Australia and the Northern Territory.
Cadia Valley Operations People and Social Performance manager Bridgette Byrne said more than 150 businesses have benefited directly from the initiative. Of all the winners, 133 chose to pay-it-forward, nominating friends and loved one's to receive the prize.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content: