Cadia Valley Operations has confirmed there have been no positive COVID-19 cases among its workforce, telling the Central Western Daily that the rumours were "completely untrue".
Cadia General Manager Aaron Brannigan said stringent measures had been implemented at the mine to prevent the spread of the virus.
"This includes a robust testing and internal reporting process to ensure employees and contractors are tested in accordance with Government regulations," Mr Brannigan said in a statement.
"Any personnel identified as a close or secondary contact must notify Cadia's Health Team and provide notification of results.
"Cadia can confirm that in accordance with this testing and reporting process, it does not have any confirmed cases of COVID-19 at its operations as at 11am, 27 July 2021."
Cadia's statement came after NSW Public Health also confirmed that - as of Tuesday afternoon - there are no new cases of COVID-19 in the Western NSW Local Health District.
"Furthermore, recent sewage sampling conducted in Orange on Friday, 23 July 2021 confirmed 'non-detect' results to COVID-19. Tests are conducted three times a week," Mr Brannigan added.
"Cadia places the utmost importance on ensuring we keep our workforce, their families and the local community safe and we will continue to monitor the situation and adjust our preventative controls following advice from the Australian Government."
Deputy premier John Barilaro has confirmed Orange's seven-day lockdown will be lifted following a week's worth of COVID testing, drive-through line-ups and no new positive cases.
Orange, Cabonne and Blayney were thrown into lockdown at 12.01am on Tuesday, July 21, and no new cases of COVID-19 were picked up despite the overwhelming response from the public, who lined up for hours on the opening day to get tested.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content:
HAVE YOUR SAY
- Send us a letter to the editor using the form below ...