Tributes are flowing for the victims of an alleged hit and run in Wellington on Tuesday afternoon.
Thousands of dollars have been raised for the families of the victims of the tragic incident.
The two boyshad come to Wellington to visit their mum. Four children and the 34-year-old mother were walking from the local pool on Tuesday afternoon when tragedy struck.
The two boys, aged six and seven, were killed when an out of control car mounted the kerb and hit them about 4.30pm, also injuring the woman and two other children.
Three GoFundMe donation pages have been established in an effort to support the families involved.
Tarryn Burson, a friend of the boys' father, set up a page Tuesday evening to help him pay for the boys' funeral.
"I cannot fathom the pain he and all the mob are going through right now," Ms Burson said
"We need to ensure that he can bury his babies. Unfortunately Shorey lost his job last month.
"He sent his baby boys home for contact with their mummy, grandmother and mob, and the most tragic accident happened."
Another page, set up by Rebecca Clarke, has been established to support the mother of the two boys. She currently remains in Westmead Hospital in a stable condition.
"We want to help her as much as we can to ease the financial hardship of burying her sons and any future medical and legal issues that may arise," Ms Clarke said.
A page has also been established to help the family of the 10-year-old friend who was with the Shorey family when they were struck. He is currently at Westmead Children's hospital.
READ MORE: December sees Covid scare, storm carnage
The page was organised to help the family with medical expenses, assistive equipment, wheelchair and home modifications to help the young boy ease into coming home.
"[The young boy] sustained horrific life changing injuries barely escaping with his life," organiser of the page Matt Mackay said on the GoFundMe page.
"[He] has a huge recovery ahead of him and it's going to be a lot of change for him to adapt to.
"As strong and tough this little guy is, and as great our doctors at Westmead are they were unable to create enough blood flow to save his leg, now he will be having surgery to remove his left lower leg."
Jacob Steven Donn, 25, charged with 14 offences in relation to Tuesday's crash made no application for bail on Thursday. The matter will return to court on January 12.
The Central Western Daily relies on your support to keep doing what we do. If you're not already a subscriber, please consider coming on board. For as little as $3 a week for full digital access, a subscription represents great value.
HAVE YOUR SAY
- Send us a letter to the editor using the form below