A Sale Street property has fetched the highest price for an Orange CBD property, selling for $1.86 million.
The seven-bedroom, five bathroom property at 4 Sale Street has pipped the previous top seller, 39-41 Byng Street, by $5000.
The circa-1895 property sold in late February but its price was withheld. The Central Western Daily can now reveal the amount.
Selling agent Josh Fitzgerald, the director at Fitzgerald Estate Agents said it was bought by "local people".
The house initially went on the market a year ago under a different estate agent with a target price of more than $2 million.
At the moment Orange is performing quite well.Josh Fitzgerald, Fitzgerald Estate Agents
Mr Fitzgerald said the eventual sale price was "below the expectations of the vendor" but the market conditions had changed.
The house was described in its marketing pitch as "undoubtedly the finest residence in the city".
However, Mr Fitzgerald said he did not believe it would remain the top selling house in Orange for long.
"I know of a couple, that if they did come on the market, they would [probably] be higher," he said.
According to state government figures the house is only the second residence on Sale Street to sell for more than $1 million.
The other, number 15, sold for $1.29 million in 2017.
Mr Fitzgerald said the Orange real estate market was continuing to remain strong despite the coronavirus.
"At the moment Orange is performing quite well," he said.
"There's been a lot of full-asking-price sales."
He said the number of sales were down, particularly in April.
Mr Fitzgerald said with health, mining and education underpinning the Orange economy it had not been considerably affected.
At least three properties are now for sale over the $1 million mark in the CBD.
Two properties in Byng Street are advertised for $1.5 million and $1.295 million while Newstead in Hill Street is listed for $1.75 million.
Million dollar-plus residential properties sold within the Orange CBD include:
- 4 Sale Street, $1.86 million, Fitzgerald Estate Agents
- 39-41 Byng Street, $1.855 million, Benchmark Rural and Lifestyle
- 21 Summer Street, $1.6 million, LJ Hooker
- 27 Byng Street, $1.5 million, McCormack Barber
- 78 Byng Street, $1.46 million, McCormack Barber
- 74 Byng Street, $1.459 million, McCormack Barber
- 14 Kite Street, $1.45 million, LJ Hooker
- 26 Kite Street, $1.4 million, LJ Hooker
- 177 Anson Street, $1.39 million, One Agency Orange
- 65 Clinton Street, $1.32 million, Peter Fisher
- 151 Hill Street, $1.3 million, McCormack Barber
- 131 March Street, $1.295 million, One Agency Orange
- 15 Sale Street, $1.29 million, Benchmark Rural and Lifestyle
- 26 Byng Street, $1.28 million, John Cook Real Estate
- 72 Byng Street, $1.27 million, McCormack Barber
- 175 Anson Street, $1.25 million, McCormack Barber
- 3 Clinton Street, $1.225 million, LJ Hooker/McCormack Barber
- 40 Clinton Street, $1.2 million, Williams Machin
- 36 Hill Street, $1.1 million, Blowes
- 39-41 Byng Street, $1.03 million, McCormack Barber
- 62 Byng Street, $1.02 million, Townsend Real Estate
- 52 Kite Street, $1 million, LJ Hooker.
HAVE YOUR SAY
- Send us a letter to the editor using the form below ...