On Friday, NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian announced the "big and critical" step of allowing up to 50 people in restaurants, pubs and cafes as part of the next wave of loosened COVID-19 restrictions from June 1.
Currently, dining area of pubs and restaurants are only allowed 10 people at a time, but the new restrictions still come with strict rules.
Bookings of more than 10 people will still be banned and venues still need to allow four square metres of space per person, while patrons must be seated.
Only two pubs - the Royal Hotel and the Great Western Hotel - have been open so far in Orange since the government allowed 10 people to dine-in, however, they'll be joined by plenty more across the city from June 1 as restrictions lift.
Metropolitan Hotel publican and Orange Liquor Accord president Mark Murphy said the Metro would be among those re-opening and was optimistic about the news.
"It's great news, it was just great. Ten people is a bit hard but with 50 or 100 you get the chance to make an income," he said.
However, Mr Murphy would be seeking clarification around the laws this week, with plenty of questions around how they'll work.
Business are raring to get going and are keen to stand on their own two feet, and the announcement will help many of them do just that.Western NSW Business Chamber regional manager Vicki Seccombe
He said he wanted clarification on if it was 50 people across the venue or in different areas of the pub - for example 50 upstairs and 50 downstairs - with venues such as the Hotel Canobolas and Orange Ex-Services' Club likely to be fielding similar questions.
He also wanted to know if patrons would have to order food to be served, or if they could have a seat and have a drink.
"It could be a little bit difficult to regulate," he said.
"Do you need a counter for each section? I just need a bit more detail but it's good, let's get the pubs open and people back at work."
Great Western Hotel manager Matt Hardman echoed Mr Murphy's sentiments and said it was "certainly welcome news" to hear limits had been lifted, calling it a "logical approach".
The hotel has been open for two weeks for 10 people at a time, and while he said it had been great to be back working, he admitted it "hadn't been a profitable venture."
He too was waiting on specifics on how it would work, especially for bigger venues, but was confident more and more places would open.
Mr Hardman said having 50 at a time meant you'd be able to churn through "far more" than 50 over the course of a day, but was yet to decide if he'd continue having sessions for people to book into or if it would be more flexible.
Western NSW Business Chamber regional manager Vicki Seccombe said cafes, restaurants, pubs and clubs would be "delighted" with the news, which coincides with regional travel being allowed from June 1.
"The top activity for regional visitors and locals alike is eating out; dining at a restaurant or café. Whilst there are still restrictions in place regarding floor space, having up to fifty people per venue, even with social distancing, is a much more sustainable option, allowing many more businesses across Western NSW to open.
"Business are raring to get going and are keen to stand on their own two feet, and the announcement will help many of them do just that.
"I've been very pleased with the strong working partnership between government and the business community when it comes to the managing of our Covid-19 response.
She encouraged every business operator and patron to follow health and safety rules.
"We cannot afford to take a backward step when it comes to the reopening of our state's economy," Ms Seccombe said.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Send us a letter to the editor using the form below ...