Mourners were sent away from large funerals at the beginning of the week, now there are even tighter restrictions with only 10 people allowed at funeral services.
Although the restrictions were relaxed with slightly more mourners allowed in case of hardship on a case-by-case basis on Thursday, the number would still stand at 10 for the majority of funerals.
Norman J Penhall Funerals funeral director Craig Ostini said the business was looking at streaming funerals so family or friends who couldn't attend would still be able to be involved in some way.
He said previously they paid someone to do it but to keep numbers down the service was looking at doing its own streaming or filming of the service and there was a separate room where other mourners could also sit and watch the funeral on a monitor.
"We're trying to do private funerals, families can include those 10 people that they want," Mr Ostini said.
"I find it difficult not to comfort anyone, you are used to shaking hands or a hug.
"You can see people are upset and you want to give them a hug but you can't."
As well as restricting the number of people in one space mourners were also being spaced out according to guidelines.
The idea is to keep everyone safe.John McDonell
As well as leaving it to the families to choose who to invite Mr Ostini said the business was not advertising funerals until after they have taken place.
Initially he understood the 10 people to include the minister or celebrant and the funeral director, but now the 10 was just made up of family members.
Mr Ostini said before the 10 person rule was made, there was a funeral at St Joseph's Catholic Church on Monday where between 200 and 250 people attended and most had to be sent away.
"We could only have 70 in the church," he said.
"A lot of people have said 'we will have a memorial service later on down the track when this is over'."
Orange Funerals owner John McDonell ran into the same problem with a large funeral at the beginning of the week and also said it would be up to the families to decide who to invite but the limit on 10 people outdoors was disappointing.
"I suppose it's up to families to decide what to do, 10 people at a funeral is not enough," Mr McDonell said.
"It's sad for the families. I thought with an outside service we could have had a few more."
He said there would also be problems for interstate mourners due to border closures and cancelled flights.
"Some families may struggle getting from state to state," Mr McDonall said.
Mr McDonell said his service would also be able to tape or video the service for absent mourners .
"We don't have a choice ... you can postpone a wedding, we're not going to postpone funerals, that's not going to work," he said.
"The idea is to keep everyone safe."
DO YOU WANT MORE ORANGE NEWS?
- Receive our free newsletters delivered to your inbox, as well as breaking news alerts. Sign up below ...