THE Bells Line of Road and Chifley Road have reopened in both directions between Kurrajong and Lithgow after being closed due to the bushfire.
The Bells Line of Road was closed 12 days ago, cutting one of the main links between Sydney and the Central West.
The Traffic Management Centre advises that motorists should slow down and take extra care as crews are still working on the clean-up, and repairing infrastructure including signs, guideposts and guardrails.
The speed limit has been reduced to 60km/h.
The Darling Causeway remains closed in both directions between Bells Line of Road at Bell and the Great Western Highway at Mount Victoria.
Other road closures are also still in place in the Blue Mountains and Central West:
- Ilford to Round Swamp: The Castlereagh Highway is closed.
- Oaky Park (east of Lithgow): Bells Road is closed.
- Hampton to Oberon: Jenolan Caves Road is closed.
- Mount Victoria: Mount York Road is closed.
- Hartley Vale: Fields Road is closed.
- Blackheath: Govetts Leap Road is closed.
- Buses are also replacing trains between Mount Victoria and Lithgow/Bathurst on the Blue Mountains Line.
DO YOU WANT MORE ORANGE NEWS?
- Receive our free newsletters delivered to your inbox, as well as breaking news alerts. Sign up below ...