DESPITE councillors assuring ratepayers bulky waste collections were not dead, the service has not been included in Orange City Council's budget for a second year.
Councillors discussed the difficulties posed for those who could not afford a collection and did not have the means to take their rubbish to the tip and agreed to meet to discuss the contract.
The increase to household rates was estimated at $7 at the time.
Then when the council reviewed its community strategic plan last year, a "significant" number of people asked for the service to be reinstated, according to its Your Say website.
However, this year's budget has again left the item off, increasing waste charges by CPI only and leaving the user-pays service in play.
The last time there was a bulky-waste collection for all households in the budget, it was used by less then 13 per cent of the households.Council spokesman Nick Redmond
The charge per collection after July 1 will be $220.25, up from $216.35 during the 2018-19 financial year.
Council spokesman Nick Redmond said there were always tough decisions to make at budget time and competing priorities needed to be weighed up.
"A number of initiatives are in the draft budget and others aren't," he said.
"It's up to council to consider the feedback from the community and adopt a final budget at meeting later this month."
Mr Redmond reiterated the availability of the user-pays system.
"The last time there was a bulky-waste collection for all households in the budget, it was used by less then 13 per cent of the households," he said.
To have your say on bulky waste and the wider budget, visit https://yoursay.orange.nsw.gov.au/budget-2019 or email email@example.com by June 12.
DO YOU WANT MORE ORANGE NEWS?
Receive our free newsletters delivered to your inbox, as well as breaking news alerts. Sign up below ...