Buckingham claims 'pre-emptive': Greens

Claims by Greens MP Jeremy Buckingham to have been cleared of sexual misconduct allegations are premature, according to a party official.

Mr Buckingham on Tuesday released a statement claiming to have been cleared of alleged sexual misconduct in 2011.

Mr Buckingham said he had received a copy of the final report, which recommended the party "resolve the matter with no adverse finding against you with respect to sexual harassment and inappropriate behaviour".

Hours after the MP's statement was issued, Greens NSW co-convenor Rochelle Flood issued her own, saying the investigation process had not been completed.

"The investigation process has not yet concluded, and it is disappointing that Jeremy has pre-emptively released the findings," Ms Flood said in a statement.

Ms Flood said Mr Buckingham had been sent a confidential letter inviting him to respond to the findings and recommendations, from he based his statement.

In the letter, investigators said they are "not satisfied that there is sufficient evidence on the balance of probabilities that an incident of sexual harassment as defined by the legislation occurred," Ms Flood said.

A former Greens staffer made the allegations public in August on the ABC, before the inquiry had been completed.

In his earlier statement, Mr Buckingham said he had received a copy of the final report, which recommended the party "resolve the matter with no adverse finding against you with respect to sexual harassment and inappropriate behaviour".

He said the allegations had been "incredibly difficult and damaging" and accused people of using them to "destroy" him.

"I'm glad the day has finally arrived when I've been cleared," he said in a statement.

"Having false allegations aired on national television is incredibly distressing and a very serious breach of the investigation process. Allegations of this nature should be handled confidentially and sensitively, and not be used for a trial by media."

Mr Buckingham has lodged a complaint against the ABC and is also pursuing civil action to "seek justice and restore my reputation".

Australian Associated Press