Orange City Council has announced that the Aquatic Centre will remain open next week, following changes to the NSW Government's Health Orders.
Council had previously said the pool would have to close from Sunday due to changes which had been due to come into effect from Monday, October 11.
However, a sudden backflip by NSW's new Premier Dominic Perrottet on Thursday morning had put both the pool and Council in a state of limbo.
The new Premier had revised the roadmap created by his predecessor, and stipulated that from Monday indoor and outdoor pools could, in fact, be open.
On Friday, Council had to again issue an announcement over the pool, confirming that the Aquatic Centre will remain open after Sunday.
However, there will be restrictions in place in order to comply with the latest NSW Public Health Orders.
The indoor pool at the Centre will remain open and Learn-to-Swim classes will be able to continue as normal - as will organised rehab classes and sessions for swimmers with a disability.
The state government's new Health Orders would prevent recreational swimming from October 11 though - this did not include lap swimming and squad training.
Orange City Council CEO David Waddell said that the pool currently has around 1600 children enrolled in the program.
"It would have been disappointing to cancel these lessons and I'm pleased they can go ahead," he said.
"Under the latest health orders, we're not able to have recreational swimming. We're limited to lap swimmers and squad training only. Our staff will be putting a system in place to manage those numbers.
"It's unfortunate that there's been some confusion as changes to the Public Health Orders were analysed and we thank the community for their patience," Mr Waddell added.
"If children miss learn-to-swim classes next week due to this confusion, we'll be adding a credit to their next round of charges."
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content: