COVID numbers are expected to rise around the region as residents have been told to "hunker down" for another week.
Two more cases were recorded in Orange up to 8pm Sunday night and both are household contacts, while Western NSW saw another 44 cases. This came on the same day that the second COVID-related death was recorded in Western NSW, this time that of an Aboriginal woman in her 70s from Enngonia. The woman was also unvaccinated.
When asked if the region was past the peak yet, chief executive of Western NSW Local Health District Scott McLachlan said: "We've seen a flatlining of the cases nearly for the last two and a half weeks between 35 and 50 cases a day.
"There's certainly not a rapid increase in cases growing each day. A lot of the cases we see are the close or household contacts of people that have currently got COVID, so there's not a surprise in those.
He expects we will see cases continue to rise in the next week or two.
"I think one guarantee for us is if we don't see case numbers decrease and the number of people infectious in the community in particular, then COVID is going to continue to spread throughout the region," he added.
"We know we have some locations of real concern across Orange, Bathurst, Dubbo and Bourke. In those communities we know there have been people infectious in the community in the last week and real potential for spread."
Cudal also experienced its first COVID case over the weekend.
Mr McLachlan said it was vital that the town of 400-odd get on top of any potential outbreak.
"With the community of Cudal, with the confirmed case in the community, now is the time to be really vigilant," he said.
"If you have any signs and symptoms, no matter how mild, whether it's a sniffy nose, scratchy throat or upset stomach, please don't hesitate to come and get tested.
"Please, this is the time to be really definite about the protections for yourself and your family and friends around you. Mask wearing, hand hygiene, social distancing and QR check ins are just so crucial at the moment and they're the things that have been around for some time and the things that will keep us safe."
The drive-through testing site will operate from 10-2pm on Tuesday.
A decision on the region's lockdown will be made later this week.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content: