There were five new cases of COVID-19 recorded in Orange, with 49 new cases of community transmission across the Western NSW district up until 8pm on Tuesday night.
According to health officials the Western region remains a concern, although it is demonstrating some stabilisation in the number of cases.
These latest figures bring the number of cases in Orange to 12.
It was revealed that 35 of those 49 new cases in the region were in Dubbo.
There were cases in locations such as Narromine (one), Bourke (seven) and Walgett (one), as well.
Deputy premier John Barilaro pushed for people in areas of concern to get tested and vaccinated.
He said no decision on extending the lockdown had been made.
Across NSW, the state added 919 cases and two deaths to the Sydney outbreak's toll in the 11am update.
Premier Gladys Berejiklian says there will be news about what the future looks like for vaccinated people within the next few days.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content:
This article has been made free to all readers but we depend on subscription revenue to support our journalism. If you are able, please subscribe here. If you are already a subscriber, thank you for your support.