This year's Orange Winter Fire Festival has been postponed due to the ongoing NSW Covid outbreak.
Orange360 general manager Caddie Marshall said bookings had been strong for this year's expanded program of events, but that it just wasn't possible to go ahead with the original August 5-8 dates.
"It's definitely been postponed, with the aim that we're just watching and waiting to see what happens with current COVID cases," she said.
"We would like to be able to host the festival, but that would be lead by the public health order of the day.
"We have a view to hold it later in the month of August, if everything is looking on a positive side."
Ms Marshall said there was an increased emphasis on performances in this year's program.
"Some of our events have already had to cancel because of the square metre rule because it's just not feasible to be able to have people indoors at a 4sqm rule," she added.
"But the beauty of the Fire Festival is it tends to be outdoors around bonfires so that gives us confidence that we will be able to host a festival in late August."
The general manager outlined what restrictions they are monitoring in the meantime.
"It would be things like the social distancing rules, being seated while you're drinking although that's probably a wise idea while drinking around fire as well," she said.
"It's really a watch and wait but we have notified all of our event stakeholders."
Events scheduled included the Millthorpe Night Markets, ice skating and stalls.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content:
- Send us a letter to the editor using the form below