Establishing a new state of the art sports ground in north Orange makes a great deal of sense, as opposed to the hospital precinct idea for the following reasons, some of which have been put forward already.
- Will avoid potential traffic problems for the hospital.
- Will remove any need to destroy valuable trees.
- Will be located in a fast growing residential area therefore will be available for locals when not being used for regular sport.
- Avoid possible traffic hold ups for emergencies for the hospital eg: ambulances, etc.
- Eliminate noises such as crowds cheering, that is definitely not needed in close proximity to a hospital.
All in all a much better option and this will save all the valuable trees that would have to be destroyed if a sporting precinct were to be established at Bloomfield.
Perhaps, as the current council is only an interim one, due to COVID-19 major decisions such as this perhaps may be better left for the next elected council.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content: