A disqualified driver who drove another person to various locations to use a stolen credit card claimed he hadn't known about the driving ban.
In the early hours of January 7, Darren John Ostini, 48, of Spring Street, drove an accomplice to three different service stations as well as a McDonald's to make fraudulent purchases.
At the last location, Ostini's black Holden ute was captured on CCTV footage.
The next day, Ostini was stopped and questioned by police. Further checks revealed his license had been disqualified in December after a court appearance.
Ostini told police he had not known about his driving ban.
In Orange Local Court on Monday, magistrate David Day told the accused: "You keep doing this you'll drive yourself to jail. You know that, don't you?".
Ostini was convicted on two counts of driving while disqualified and sentenced to a 12-month Community Corrections Order.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content:
HAVE YOUR SAY
- Send us a letter to the editor using the form below