A Franklin Road house has set a record highest price for the Orange CBD and become the first to sell for more than $2 million.
The price has now been revealed after it was withheld when it was sold last August.
However, it is not the highest selling property in the Orange council area
That honour belongs to a four-bedroom property on Dean Drive in west Orange which sold for $2.1 million in 2016.
However, that title is under threat from a large property virtually across the street which is for sale now with a price guide of $2.2-2.4 million.
The sales have shown the strength of the Orange property market.
It is only about six years ago the city saw its first million-dollar-plus CBD sale.
The record-breaking five-bedroom house at 100 Franklin Road last sold for $750,000 in 2008 and its sale price was boosted by a major renovation since.
Selling agent Adam Savage of Peter Fisher Real Estate said it was the most expensive house he had sold. "I feel it was a privilege to sell one of that calibre," he said.
"It was a combination of the block size, it was a very big block size and its proximity to the CBD. It has outstanding views over the CBD and looking back toward [Mount] Canobolas. It's on the peak of the hill."
Mr Fisher said Orange locals had bought the property.
He said it had undergone a "magnificent renovation" several years ago.
With Orange property prices rising by an average 6.4 per cent a year according to property research group Propertyology, it is surprising one Orange home has been the Orange council area's top seller for four years.
However, selling agent David Dent of Benchmark Lifestyle Property, said the property at 37 Dean Drive, on two hectares of land, was "an absolute stunner."
"It was a phenomenal home," Mr Dent said.
He said it was bought by people tree-changing from Sydney.
He said it would possibly be worth $2.4-2.5 million if it was on the market now.
Mr Dent said Dean Drive was a sought after location.
"It's a pretty tightly-held area. That north-west side of town is where people want to be," he said.
The NSW Valuer General's records show five properties on Dean Drive have sold for more than $1 million. The most recent was last August.
Fitzgerald Estate Agents director Josh Fitzgerald said there was interest in the nearby property at 26 Dean Drive which is for sale from $2.2-$2.4 million. "We had an offer accepted within the range," he said. However, that did not go ahead.
"There has been strong interest from Sydney buyers," he said.
Mr Fitzgerald said the seven-bedroom home on two hectares of land featured a theatre room, a pool, indoor and outdoor kitchens and had extensive views.
ORANGE'S TOP SELLERS
House sales over $1 million in the CBD and city include:
- 100 Franklin Road, Peter Fisher, $2.03 million
- 4 Sale Street, $1.86 million, Fitzgerald
- 39-41 Byng Street, $1.855 million, Benchmark
- 21 Summer Street, $1.6 million, LJ Hooker
- 27 Byng Street, $1.5 million, McCormack Barber
- 91-93 Woodward Street, $1.48 million, McCormack Barber/Fitzgerald
- 78 Byng Street, $1.46 million, McCormack Barber
- 74 Byng Street, $1.459m, McCormack Barber
- 14 Kite Street, $1.45 million, LJ Hooker
- 32 Clinton Street, $1.43 million, Professionals
- 26 Kite Street, $1.4 million, LJ Hooker
- 29 Byng Street $1.4 million, Williams Machin
- 177 Anson Street, $1.39 million, One Agency
- 399 Anson Street, $1.33 million, Our City
- 65 Clinton Street, $1.32 million, Peter Fisher
- 151 Hill Street, $1.3 million, McCormack Barber
- 71 Moulder Street, $1.3 million, Blowes
- 131 March Street, $1.295 million, One Agency
- 15 Sale Street, $1.29 million, Benchmark
- 26 Byng Street, $1.28 million, John Cook
- 72 Byng Street, $1.27 million, McCormack Barber
- 175 Anson Street, $1.25 million, McCormack Barber
- 3 Clinton Street, $1.225 million, LJ Hooker/McCormack Barber
- 40 Clinton Street, $1.2 million, Williams Machin
- 36 Hill Street, $1.1 million, Blowes
- 21 March Street, $1.1 million, Fitzgerald
- 39-41 Byng Street, $1.03 million, McCormack Barber
- 62 Byng Street, $1.02 million, Townsend
- 52 Kite Street, $1 million, LJ Hooker.
- 143 Sale Street, $1 million, Fitzgerald
- 9 Sale Street, N/A, Fitzgerald.
- HAVE YOUR SAY
- Send us a letter to the editor using the form below ...