Ahead of the 9am opening of the drive-through clinic at Orange Showground on Wednesday morning there was a long queues of cars.
By 9.30am about 100 people had been tested.
As they drove into the site people were told by NSW Health workers that following their test they would need to isolate until texted the results on Thursday.
One person in the queue, who did not want to be named, said they were being tested due to a scratchy throat that they couldn't shake.
They had previously tested negative but wanted to be sure.
People arriving for testing were given two sheets of paper.
One was a form asking people why they were having the COVID testing done, and giving a doctor permission to take a test.
The second was a Laverty Pathology request form.
Western NSW Local Health District reported on Wednesday morning there were no known cases of COVID in the Orange area.
A person now known to have COVID was in Orange on Saturday, December 19.
Anyone who attended Orange Central Square Shopping Centre on December 19 from 4.05pm to 4.15pm is considered a casual contact who should monitor for symptoms and get tested immediately and isolate if they appear, self-isolating until they receive their result.
Orange Central Square posted a message on social media on Wednesday.
"Please note that this visitor ... entered and exited on level one only; did not use any facilities or go into any stores; did not come into close contact with anyone whilst in the centre; a close contact of an infected Western Sydney Healthcare worker.
"As many specialty stores were closed at this time, the visitor exited the centre within 10 minutes of arriving."
There is currently no widespread panic buying for toilet paper and other staples such as rice, pasta, flour and sugar, as happened when lockdowns were introduced earlier this year.
The Central Western Daily visited one each on Tuesday night and Wednesday morning.
One supermarket was running low on toilet rolls while the other was about 70 percent full.
More than 42,000 people in NSW were tested on Tuesday. There were 16 positive cases, eight of which were locally acquired.
Premier Gladys Berejiklian said there was no change to regulations for the regions of NSW, however there are new rules in Sydney for the next three days.
"There will be modest changes to restrictions," she said.
"We appreciate what a difficult time this is."
In Greater Sydney on December 24, 25 and 26, people can have 10 others in their house, plus children aged under 12.
The northern beaches of NSW have been divided into two areas, north and south.
The border within the Northern Beaches is at Narrabeen Bridge to the south and the Baha'i Temple to the west.
Those in the northern area cannot leave that area.
On December 24, 25 and 26 they will be allowed to have five people in their home, but only from within the northern area of the Northern Beaches.
Those in the southern part of the Northern Beaches can have 10 people - plus children aged under 12 - into their home on December 24, 25 and 26.
The 10 people can live outside the Northern Beaches, however residents of the beaches cannot leave the area.
Health minister Brad Hazzard urged shop owners to enforce the use of QR codes.
Ms Berejiklian said that the guidelines in place were subject to change if conditions alter.
DO YOU WANT MORE ORANGE NEWS AND SPORT?
Receive our free newsletters delivered to your inbox, as well as breaking news alerts. Sign up below ...