Netball is set to get back on the PCYC courts from July 18 should all go to plan for the Orange Netball Association.
ONA president Jane Dennis said the the league had been aiming for the July 18 date for some time, with Wednesday morning's announcement going a long way towards making it a reality.
"Good to have that confirmation but it's going to be difficult to navigate some of the regulations... but we've got a go-ahead," Dennis said.
"We've been lucky, we've had good advice from Netball NSW, they've been giving us as good advice as we can get."
She said the ONA would aim for a seven-week season, with three weeks of finals, resulting in September 17 being pencilled in as the date of the grand final.
"It's very exciting," she said.
"We'll work with the PCYC, public health orders and Netball NSW to make sure we've got everything in place for our season."
Representative netball would still be on the cards with junior and senior state titles looking at the long weekend as a potential date to come together, with masters and opens championships to come in the weeks after that.
The Bing Lee Regional League - which had its third round and finals postponed in March - may also be on the cards in July pending decisions from Netball NSW,
While the representative sides were picked last year and have been training through the start of 2020, for now Dennis said any competition is good competition.
DO YOU WANT MORE ORANGE NEWS AND SPORT?
- Receive our free newsletters delivered to your inbox, as well as breaking news alerts. Sign up below ...