Woodbridge Cup boss Andrew Pull has labelled June 15 as the competition's 'D-Day'.
Pull will chair a crucial video conference for the Woodbridge Cup on Monday next week, with the board to meet with clubs to discuss the viability of a 2020 premiership amid unprecedented uncertainty following COVID-19.
The deadline has been set after the disappointment surrounding the lack of the communication from state government at the original community sport announcement last week.
Junior sport and gyms were given the green light to progress and reopen respectively, but those involved in competitions run for over 18s - like Woodbridge Cup and most other codes across the Central West - weren't given any clarification.
Pull says the only way Monday's meeting won't progress is if that clarity is gained this week.
"It's unfair to keep everyone in limbo," Pull said.
"If we don't hear anything by next Monday it will be too late.
"If we get some information before (June 15) then we'll take it on board."
Still, Pull says he'll require a majority of the Woodbridge Cup's clubs to agree to playing a shortened season.
As it stands, Manildra has already withdrawn from the 2020 competition, and Pull said six clubs are needed to ensure a title race can be run.
Like Linore Zamparini and Group 10, Pull was sitting on the edge of his seat in the lead-up to the original announcement at the start of June.
But after being disheartened by the lack of communication for sporting bodies running competition for over 18s, he said the Cup board would have to pull the trigger one way or another come next week. Woodbridge Cup currently has a rescheduled start date of July 18.
"Everyone was all teed-up and ready for a July start but when no announcement came at the start of June, it was really underwhelming," he said.
"If we do decide who plays on Monday, we'll need six teams to go ahead.
"Any less than that and I don't think there's any point.
"Next Monday will be a month out from when the competition could start so we've got to start moving."
Pull's been in close contact with all the Woodbridge Cup clubs throughout the last three months and expects them all to be ready to make decisions on Monday - with or without new government directive.
HAVE YOUR SAY
- Send us a letter to the editor using the form below ...