Alternative plans have been made following a last-minute decision by Orange City Council on Tuesday night not to allow Saturday's Orange Farmers Market to go ahead on council land.
The market committee and management team said it had communicated with the council about planned restrictions and adhered to state government and Australian Farmers Market Association guidelines for the specially organised Shop and Go farmers' market.
In a statement on Wednesday, it said producers were left with excess stock and many pre-orders for pick-up had already been made so management found alternative arrangements for delivery that were still safe for stallholders and customers.
On Saturday, pre-orders will be available for collection outside The Agrestic Grocer, on the Mitchell Highway during the normal market hours of between 8.30am and noon on Saturday with the same restrictions in place.
The restrictions include shoppers pre-ordering and paying for produce and before collection, only one member of each household attend, all shoppers and stallholders to adhere to physical distancing restrictions.
Customers are also not to touch produce or bring their dogs and people aged over 70 or anyone who is unwell will be asked to stay home.
To organise orders and delivery of local produce, contact stallholders individually via the website www.orangefarmersmarket.org.au.
The Orange Farmers Market committee said it was committed to providing local community members and families with the fresh and healthy food options and would move swiftly to provide online alternatives to the monthly market until further notice.
DO YOU WANT MORE ORANGE NEWS?
- Receive our free newsletters delivered to your inbox, as well as breaking news alerts. Sign up below ...