THERE are now eight confirmed case of COVID-19 in the Orange City Council area as of 10am Sunday.
The Western NSW Local Health District confirmed apart from the Orange cases there are now eight cases in Bathurst, two in Cabonne, three in Blayney and six in Dubbo.
There are four in Mid-Western (Mudgee) and one each in the Weddin (Grenfell), Narromine, Warren and Warrumbungle Shire areas with a total of 35 confirmed cases across the Western NSW Local Health District.
The Western NSW Local Health District covers around one-third of the state.
This comes after the Western NSW Local Health District announced on Wednesday that were there were 22 confirmed coronavirus cases across its district including six in Orange.
NSW Health instructs anyone who has travelled overseas during the past 14 days to self-isolate and monitor for symptoms.
Social distancing, which is currently in place, means separating yourself from other people as much as possible when you're in public places, and avoiding crowded places. Practically, you should:
- Keep a distance of 1.5 metres between yourself and others
- Don't shaking hands, hug or kissing other people
- Avoid visiting vulnerable people, such as those in aged care facilities or hospitals, infants, or people with compromised immune systems due to illness or medical treatment.
- YOU WANT MORE ORANGE NEWS?
- We have removed our paywall from our stories about the coronavirus. This is a rapidly changing situation and we want to make sure our readers are as informed as possible. If you would like to support our journalists you can subscribe below...\