ORANGE'S annual event to support victims of domestic violence has been postponed in the wake of coronavirus.
The event, originally scheduled for May, was to be launched on Monday, but instead, organisers from Housing Plus told the Central Western Daily it would not go ahead.
"Due to the government's recent ban on large gatherings, and in the interests of our communities health and safety the White Tie Ball, originally scheduled for Saturday, May 16, will be postponed," a spokeswoman said in a statement.
"An announcement of an alternative date will be made in the coming weeks."
The Central Western Daily understands Housing Plus is yet to meet to decide on another date.
The White Tie Ball is hosted to raise funds to build The Orchard, the women and children's domestic violence crisis centre currently under construction in Orange.
Last year, the event hosted 380 people and raised $60,000 to fit out one of the six units.
DO YOU WANT MORE ORANGE NEWS?
- Receive our free newsletters delivered to your inbox, as well as breaking news alerts. Sign up below ...