Cadia Valley Operation's 1000-strong workforce and over 350 contractors have been asked to work from home if they can, while those who can't will be "segregated where possible" in the wake of three confirmed coronavirus cases in Orange.
A statement from Newcrest Mining Limited on Friday said leaders at the mine have been asked to "review staffing levels" to ensure only essential members come into the Cadia site, while non-operational roles are to work remotely if possible.
All non-essential meetings and visits from external parties have been cancelled.
A company spokesperson said the measures were "introduced to reduce the chance of Coronavirus spreading to our operational sites and support offices".
The spokesperson said there were no confirmed cases of COVID-19 in its workforce.
"Across all of Newcrest's operations we have a number of business continuity plans and contingencies ready to implement in the event of a significant number of operational employees and contractors being exposed or contracting the virus to minimise disruptions to our operations," the spokesperson said.
"We expect that these plans will enable the operation to continue producing in line with the production schedule, and if there are any material impacts, we will inform the market in line with our continuous disclosure obligations."
The company will continue to monitor the situation as it evolves.
Measures which had already been enacted by Newcrest included passenger screening and health checks for all fly-in, fly out workers, contractors and visitors travelling to Newcrest operations in Orange, as well as restrictions on travelling to high-risk countries and internationally.
Self-quarantine has been applied to those who have travelled for business or privately to China, South Korea, Japan, Iran and Italy in the past 14 days, as well as any travellers who have been in contact with a person diagnosed with or suspected of having the virus.
Staff have also been banned from attending conferences or similar events until further notice, while communications to all sites have been issued highlighting safe and hygienic practises to minimise spread of infection.
"The health and safety of all Newcrest employees, contractors and visitors is paramount," the spokesperson said.
We have removed our paywall from our stories about the coronavirus. This is a rapidly changing situation and we to make sure our readers are as informed as possible. If you would like to support our journalists you can subscribe below...