At a very warm Sunday club run at Bulgas Road 55 starters tackled a revised course for the longer runs to negate running in the Kinross Forrest.
The 3km and 5km were run as per normal, but an 8km distance was added by combining the two while the 10km race was two laps of the 5km track, also a drink station was added at the halfway point to keep runners hydrated.
Young runner Milla Jurd was recognised for completing 100 club runs.
The fastest runners over the various distances were:
- 3km - female - Sophie Martin 15:37, Bridget Cole 18:08, Rhonda Jones 22:44; Male - Jack Daintith 13:18, Mike Cooper 16:21, Tony Fitzpatrick 18:02
- 5km - female - Milla Jurd 26:52, Alison Spurway 27:16, Kim Jarvis 32:41; Male - Peter Finlay 20:55, Phil Cranney 24:29, Hugh Daintith 24:57
- 8km - Male - Brad Simmons 37:26, James West 41:23, Gary Holway 54:49.
- 10km - female - Carissa Hickey 56:00, Alison Broughton 59:15, Alicia Anlezark 1:02:29; Male - Ian Spurway 49:20, Paul Anderson 51:17, Anthony Daintith 52:30
Handicap winner was Olivia Martin who completed the 3km distance in a time of 22:55.
On Wednesday at Elephant Park 79 starters were out to push the pace in search of setting a personal best time with only two relatively new members able to post a PB on the day. Madeline Hill 3m 20s and Yonneka Hill 8m 2s impressed with these significant improvements.
The fastest runners on the day were Peter Finlay 10:47, Sam Harma 10:54 while Brad Simmons and Joel Broadfoot couldn't be separated in third spot with 11:15.
Leanne Corcoran in 12:17 continues to put out fast times while there was not much between Jessie Dean 12:38 and Milla Jurd 12:43.
Sam Harma was the overall handicap winner.
This Sunday the club run will be held at Spring Creek Dam starting at 9am with distances of 2.4km, 4.8km, 7.2km and 9.6km.
With the current weather conditions currently being experienced, both temperature and air quality, runners are reminded to run / walk or don't run, to the conditions and to keep hydrated.
A reminder to think about entering the Orange Running Festival in 2020 on March 7 and 8 at Gosling Creek.
There is an event for everyone, from the kids 2km on the Saturday afternoon to the 5km, 10km, Half Marathon and Marathon on the Sunday morning.
Also the committee will be looking for volunteer helpers prior to and during the event, so please put your hand up to help, or contact Mike O'Mara for more information.
DO YOU WANT MORE ORANGE NEWS AND SPORT?
- Receive our free newsletters delivered to your inbox, as well as breaking news alerts. Sign up below ...