Two houses on the Orange CBD street which has seen the most million dollar-plus property sales are seeking to enter the top bracket.
According to Central Western Daily research at least 18 Orange CBD houses have sold for more than $1 million.
Five of them are on Byng Street which leads Kite and Clinton streets (three each), Hill and Anson streets (two each) and Summer, Sale and March streets (one apiece).
Two properties currently for sale, at numbers 26 and 74 Byng Street, would add to the total if they achieved their anticipated market value at sale.
The two-level, five-bedroom, three-bathroom house at 74 Byng St, built about 1892, sits on more than 2000 square metres of land.
Typical of the properties that have previously sold for more than a million it has high ceilings, fireplaces and historic features including leadlight windows.
The property at 26 Byng Street has four bedrooms and two bathrooms.
It is listed at $1,329,990. Property website Domain said it last sold for $750,000 in February 2010.
This year has seen several million-dollar-plus sales with a Summer Street house reaching the highest price of $1.6 million.
Million dollar-plus residential properties sold in the Orange CBD include:
- 21 Summer Street, $1.6 million, LJ Hooker
- 27 Byng Street, $1.5 million, McCormack Barber
- 78 Byng Street, $1.46 million, McCormack Barber
- 14 Kite Street, $1.45 million, LJ Hooker
- 26 Kite Street, $1.4 million, LJ Hooker
- 177 Anson Street, $1.39 million, One Agency Orange
- 65 Clinton Street, $1.32 million, Peter Fisher
- 151 Hill Street, $1.3 million, McCormack Barber
- 131 March Street, $1.295 million, One Agency Orange
- 15 Sale Street, $1.29 million, Benchmark Rural and Lifestyle
- 72 Byng Street, $1.27 million, McCormack Barber
- 175 Anson Street, $1.25 million, McCormack Barber
- 3 Clinton Street, $1.225 million, LJ Hooker/McCormack Barber
- 40 Clinton Street, $1.2 million, Williams Machin
- 36 Hill Street, $1.1 million, Blowes Real Estate
- 39-41 Byng Street, $1.03 million, McCormack Barber
- 62 Byng Street, $1.02 million, Townsend Real Estate
- 52 Kite Street, $1 million, LJ Hooker.
DO YOU WANT MORE ORANGE NEWS?
- Receive our free newsletters delivered to your inbox, as well as breaking news alerts. Sign up below ...