STILL packing the esky for your trip to Mount Panorama for the Bathurst 1000?
There are tight restrictions on just how much alcohol you can bring into the campgrounds and organisers have warned - bring too much and risk losing it for good.
Police, with assistance from event security and drug-detection dogs, will also be conducting vehicle searches as racegoers enter the grounds.
Alcohol limits for the 2019 Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 campgrounds are listed below and are per person, per day.
- 1 x carton of full-strength beer (5 per cent alcohol or less) - 24 cans x 375mls or less, or
- 1 x carton of light / mid strength beer (3.5 per cent alcohol or less) - 30 cans x 375mls or less, or
- 1 x carton of pre-mixed spirits (6 per cent alcohol or less) - 24 cans x 375mls, or
- 1 x carton of cider (5 per cent alcohol or less) - 24 cans x 375mls, or
- 1 x cask of sealed wine (14.5 per cent alcohol or less) totalling 4 litres or less, or
- 2 x 375ml plastic bottles of spirits (38 per cent alcohol or less), or
- 1 x 750ml bottle of spirits (plastic only)
Glass is also strictly prohibited from the campgrounds. However, a small glass jar under 200mls containing vegemite, jams or food preservatives is permitted.
Racegoers are only allowed to bring in one day's alcohol supply at a time, though, and authorities will be checking vehicles.
"If you arrive with all four days alcohol supply on or prior to Thursday, all but your single day supply will be confiscated and disposed of," Supercars said in an statement.
"There is no storage facility for excess alcohol so please make yourself aware of these limits prior to attending the event.
"Failure to comply with these limits and abuse of gate staff regarding these regulations may result in denied entry or removal from the campgrounds."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
- Send us a letter to the editor using the form below: