A 200-metre exclusion zone has been secured around the PJL Group building on Leewood Drive after a gas leak sparked flames creating a potential risk of explosion.
More than 30 employees were evacuated from the area after a leaking Oxy acetylene bottle set alight on Monday.
Emergency services had to be called in at around 8am after boiler makers welding beside the bottles became aware of the flames.
Fire and Rescue NSW hazardous materials services, firefighters and officers from the Central Western Police District were called to secure the area.
The PJL Group boiler makers, painters and engineers were kept outside the exclusion zone while the temperature of the bottles were brought back to a safe enough temperature to allow them to be moved.
MAP: PJL Group workers were evacuated from the site ...
Engineering supervisor Zacc Douglas said PJL had taken precaution by getting everyone out of the area and no significant damage had been done.
Mr Douglas said the leak could have been caused by a screw or a hose which attaches to the bottle coming loose.
PJL Group was waiting on the arrival of senior management from Bathurst at 9am to meet with emergency service and establish when work could recommence.
DO YOU WANT MORE ORANGE NEWS?
- Receive our free newsletters delivered to your inbox, as well as breaking news alerts. Sign up below ...