While Orange's city centre and its million-dollar-plus house sales dominate real estate discussion a main road in north Orange is delivering the most sales.
Figures from the NSW Valuer General covering property sales in Orange for the just-finished financial year show that William Maker Drive has become our key selling street.
It had 20 (house, land and commercial) property sales for 2018-19 with a house and a large parcel of land at 43 William Maker Drive delivering the best sale price of $695,000.
It pipped Anson Street with 19 sales and Clinton Street with 15 sales as our most prolific property places.
Blowes Real Estate residential sales manager Chris Tyack said he had sold two properties in William Maker Drive, including the highest priced, in the past year.
There is still a lot of development to go with a lot of people wanting to be there.Chris Tyack, Blowes Real Estate
Mr Tyack said the street had plenty of land sales for housing development and would continue to sell well when houses were built on those blocks.
The figures showed 11 of the 20 sales were for $211,000 or less which Mr Tyack said would be land sales.
"It's mainly because most of them [the sales] are blocks of land," he said.
"There is still a lot of development to go with a lot of people wanting to be there.
"It is close to the north Orange shopping area."
He said William Maker Drive was also a long street with space available for more housing.
"There is still some land in William Maker Drive, there is a five-acre parcel that is still to be developed."
Mr Tyack said buyers were attracted to the street by being able to buy more affordable and more modern houses than in the CBD.
BEST SELLING STREETS
- William Maker Drive, 20 sales, top price $695,000
- Anson Street, 19, $7.81 million
- Clinton Street, 15, $815,000
- Dalton Street, 12, $3.3 million
- McLachlan Street, 12, $430,000
- March Street, 11, $885,000
- Hill Street, 11, $1.11 million
- Peisley Street, 11, $950,000
- Moulder Street, 10, $800,000
- Summer Street, 10, $2.03 million
- Edward Street, 10, $5.95 million
- Byng Street, 9, $6.06 million
- Woodward Street, 9, $410,000
- Coronation Drive, 8, $850,000
- Gardiner Road, 8, $457,000
- Kite Street, 7, $1.07 million
- Prince Street, 7, $7.81 million
- Spring Street, 7, $640,000
- Margaret Street, 7, $425,000
- Sampson Street, 7, $355,000.
- Source: Valuer General
There has been at least 14 houses sell for more than $1 million in the CBD in the past few years with several more currently on the market.
LOCATION: ORANGE'S MILLION DOLLAR SELLERS
DO YOU WANT MORE ORANGE NEWS?
- Receive our free newsletters delivered to your inbox, as well as breaking news alerts. Sign up below ...