An outdoor musical playground park, a shared mountain bike and walking trail to the Federal Falls on Mount Canobolas and a community space for children to play in Glenroi are among a range of projects pitched for Orange.
They are among 41 community projects in the Orange electorate seeking to share about $260,000 of funding under the state government's My Community Project scheme.
Member for Orange Phil Donato said the funding would be allocated after a public voting process, which opened on Monday and runs until August 15.
"It is an excellent way for members of the Orange electorate to become involved in the voting process to support various projects which will enhance the community," he said.
About 19 projects in Orange are seeking funding.
Calare Public School and Orange City Council are seeking $50,000 toward an outdoor musical playground at Cutcliffe Park.
The project proposal said it would be the first of its kind in Orange.
"Access will be provided for thousands of children across the Orange region with the musical playground in a key location," it said.
Glenroi Heights Public School's application is for $119,761 to create the Glenroi Gathering Ground, a safe weekend and holiday play facility for children in Glenroi.
The applicant said the building work could start in December to have the facility operating by the start of the school year in 2020.
The Orange Mountain Bike Club is seeking $140,000 to construct a shared mountain bike and walking trail along Boree Creek to the base of Federal Falls.
It said the trail, which is separate to plans for a wider mountain bike park on the mountain, would include a six-kilometre clean-up of the creek and would be administered by the club, NSW Forests and LandCare.
"This project aims to enhance the physical experience of getting to this amazing area by experiencing the ride or run. The trail will be popular with visitors to our region and locals, who will routinely use the trail for riding and walking," it said.
You can vote online at the government's My Community Project webpage or visit a Service NSW centre.
What's proposed for around Orange
- LiveBetter Services Limited. Community Inclusive Learning and Play Space $150,000
- Orange Cycle and Triathlon Club. Gosling Ck Cycle, Triathlon, HPV, Walking and Running Track $110,000
- Orange City Council. Raised boardwalk over the spillway in Ploughmans Wetlands $25,354
- Orange City Council. Fencing and upgrading oval initiated in 1950s $57,377
- Orange City Council. Jack Brabham Park spectator and player shelters $64,000
- Bila Muuji Aboriginal Corporation Health Service; Orange Aboriginal Medical Service. Mobile Physio & Allied Health Clinic $114,862
- Orange City Council. Enrichment of Spring Hill Main Street and Heritage Walks $24,372
- Orange Mountain Bike Club. Boree Creek to Federal Falls shared trail $140,000
- Glenroi Heights Public School. Glenroi Gathering Ground $119,761
- Marathon Health Limited, headspace Orange. OurSpace: a safe space for young people to thrive $148,632
- Orange Lapidary and Mineral Club Inc. Learning the art of gemstone cutting in the Central West $24,199
- Orange CYMS Junior Rugby League Football Club. Help us build a grandstand $130,000
- The Uniting Church in Australia Property Trust (NSW) on behalf of Orange Uniting Church. Uniting Church Community Playground $82,500
- Orange City Council. YAC On the Move (YACOTM) $62,000
- Orange Christian Schools Limited. Sports field upgrade for football (soccer) and athletics $165,000
- Anson Street School. Anson Farm Community Gift, food wine, arts, hospitality, wildflowers $100,000
- batyr. 'smash the stigma' community mental health project $33,268
- Calare Public School. Musical Learning outdoor playground in park $50,000
- Orange City Council. Let's Help Orange Homeless supply of sleeping bags $21,900.
DO YOU WANT MORE ORANGE NEWS?
- Receive our free newsletters delivered to your inbox, as well as breaking news alerts. Sign up below ...