Numbers were down slightly at the Sunday club run at the Botanic Gardens, potentially due to the school holidays but also with a number of members travelling to the Gold Coast for their running festival.
With 60 starters the runners lapped around the 1.6km loops. From speeding around for one lap to digging in for six laps there was a great mix across all distances with the fastest being:
- 1.6km: Female: Mila Jurd 7:05 and Lucy Jurd 7:43; Male: Ethan McArdle 9:58, Lachlan Ross 9:59 and John Hannan 13:18.
- 3.2km; Female: Julie Fitzpatrick 19:16, Lily Broughton 19:39 and Laura Primrose22:20; Male: Jack Daintith 13:57, David Gibson 17:17 and Michael Sharp 18:51.
- 4.8km: Female: Amber Rich 20:58, Tanya Connolly 27:36 and Matilda Duncan 35:58; Male: Anthony Daintith 26:21, Greg Shaptor 27:21 and Lachlan Duncan 35:55.
- 6.4km: Female: Luisa Sims 33:23, Karen Mudge 37:25 and Kelly Jurd 39:23; Male: James West 28:48, Hugh Daintith 29:21 and Mark Mori 30:58.
- 8km: Female: Rhonda Jones 55:29; Male: Gareth Thomas 38:20 and Brian Rix 51:27.
- 9.6km: Female: Carissa Hickey 43:29, Alicia Ross 44:05 and Ursula Wilson 44:42; Male: Sam Harma 36:57, Nick Carney 39:45 and Daryl Roweth 44:09
Karen Mudge who was second female over 6.4km distance was the overall handicap winner.
On the Gold Coast the following club members achieved results in these distances were:
- 4km: Blake Gleeson 17:39, Jocelyn Blair 18:26 and Rosie Corcoran 27:32.
- 5km: Michael O'mara 38:22.
- 10km: Ryan Clark 42:51, Nicole Williamson 43:51, Liz Simpson 43:52, Mitch Williamson 43:59, Hugh Corcoran 46:23, Wayne Stewart 56:51, Clair Blair 59:59, Man Ha Mackay 68:37, Lyn O'mara 75:03.
- Half Marathon: Leanne Corcoran 1:30:45, Tony Syme 1:37:04, Karen Neal 1:49:42, Kelly Gleeson 1:51:14, Jamie Corcoran 2:06:34, Dani Syme 2:10:16 and Lynda Chapman 2:42:32.
- Marathon: Joel Kitto 3:35:12 and Phil Cranney 3:56:25.
An Achievement medal was awarded to club legend 'Magic' Mike Cooper for 700 Club Runs.
Sixty-seven crossed the timing mats at the Wednesday Elephant Park club run with the overall handicap winner being Connor Bennett who had an outstanding result with a strong run completing three laps in 13:11.
At the pointy end of the field the fastest two runners were new members who had the afterburners on with Matthew Baker 9:22 the fastest and young Jack Johnson 10:34 just outpacing the consistent Nick Carney 10:38.
Leading the ladies was Alicia Ross 12:46, just in front of Milla Jurd 12:58 and Lucinda Reidy 13:37.
Lucinda's time was a 9s Personal Best with other PB's recorded by Max Reidy 26s and Lucy Jurd 51s.
This weekend will see the Sunday Club run at Bargwanna Road starting at 9am with many distances available, ranging from 3km to 10km. It is expected to be very cold so make sure you wear appropriate clothing.
For more information on events and results, please check out the website www.orangerunners.com.au.
WANT MORE ORANGE NEWS AND SPORT?
- Receive our free newsletters delivered to your inbox, as well as breaking news alerts. Sign up below ...