ONE person has been taken to hospital after their unit filled with smoke following an early morning emergency.
Emergency services were called to an automatic fire alarm at a property on Orange Street at 1.10am on Wednesday.
MAP: The street where the incident occurred
Fire and Rescue NSW Parkes brigade were among those who were called to the incident.
"On arrival crews found a unit full of smoke. Crews worked quickly to isolate the source of the smoke and ventilate the unit," firefighters said in a statement.
"One patient was treated by paramedics for smoke inhalation and taken to hospital for observation."
DO YOU WANT MORE ORANGE & DISTRICT NEWS?
Receive our free newsletters delivered to your inbox, as well as breaking news alerts. Sign up below ...