ORANGE'S deputy mayor has asked for bulky waste collections to be placed back on the agenda for the coming financial year after the service was left off the draft budget.
Councillor Sam Romano had previously asked to have the service reinstated - realising it had not been included, he said he had contacted Orange City Council staff.
"It's back in, it's included for discussion," he said.
Despite councillors agreeing to further discuss the matter, Cr Romano said he could not recall it being mentioned since last year's budget discussion.
The increase to household rates has previously been estimated at $7, but so far waste charges have only been increased by CPI only and the user-pays service remains in place.
The charge per collection after July 1 will be $220.25, up from $216.35 this financial year.
To have your say on bulky waste and the wider budget, click here or email firstname.lastname@example.org by June 12.
DO YOU WANT MORE ORANGE NEWS?
Receive our free newsletters delivered to your inbox, as well as breaking news alerts. Sign up below ...