SEVERAL streets in Orange's CBD will close at stages on Thursday morning for Anzac Day marches and commemorations.
The first set of closures will take effect at 5.15am, when Anson Street between Summer and Byng streets, Byng Street between Anson Street and Lords Place, and Lords Place between Byng and Summer streets will be closed for the march from the Memorial Hall to the Robertson Park Cenotaph for the Dawn Service.
Those closures will be lifted at about 6.15am after the return journey to Orange Ex-Services' Club.
At 9.30am several streets will be blocked off to traffic for the march down Summer Street for the day's main service, which will also be held in Robertson Park.
Temporary road closures will include Anson, Sale and McNamara streets between Summer and Byng streets; Byng Street between Anson and Sale streets; and Summer Street between Sale and McNamara Streets.At about 12.15pm normal traffic conditions will resume.
ANZAC DAY 2019: THE SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- 5:20am: March to Cenotaph (assemble in front of the Memorial Hall in Anson Street).
- 5:30am: Dawn service in Robertson Park, then return to Orange Ex-Services' Club for breakfast.
- 8:15am: Pilgrimage to Lone Pine Memorial followed by services at the Crematorium and Cemetery.
- 10am: Fall in for march to the Cenotaph (assemble in front of the Memorial Hall in Anson Street).
- 11am: Main service at Robertson Park Cenotaph.
- 5:45pm: Retreat service at Robertson Park Cenotaph.
DO YOU WANT MORE ORANGE NEWS?
- Receive our free newsletters delivered to your inbox, as well as breaking news alerts. Sign up below ...