Orange escaped major damage in Friday afternoon's storm as emergency services were called to a house fire at Cowra after a residence was struck by lightning.
A second residence in Yeoval was also hit by lightning.
However, several small fires were sparked by the storm across the region, including fires in Mullion Creek, Forrest Reefs, Clergate and Mandurama which were being attended by Rural Fire Service crews.
VIDEO: The house goes up in smoke ...
Winds from the storm also kicked up a blaze along Icely Road which had been sparked four days ago by people using fireworks.
The pine trees at Suma Park Dam had been hit by the fire, with the pine needles and pine dust at the bottom of the trees left smouldering after firefighters extinguished the fire.
Canobolas Zone RFS operations manager Brett Bowden said pine dust is nearly impossible to extinguish, and firefighters were looking to bring an excavator in to help put it out for good.
Meanwhile Cowra Fire and Rescue are advising people to stay away from the area of Whitby Street, where the house caught alight.
VIDEO: The storm rolling towards Forest Reefs ...
"[The] house was hit by lightning and now smoke issuing from the roof," Cowra Fire and Rescue wrote in a Facebook post.
"Please stay well away from the area and listen to authorities if directed away from the area."
Wild weather across the Central West has also caused powerlines to come down in Kite Street in Orange.
Orange State Emergency Services controller Kim Stevens said the SES had no reports of damage or call-outs in the Orange region, however he said water damage may be reported later on in the evening as people arrive home from work.
Mr Bowden said he wanted people to call triple zero if they saw smoke in the coming days after the lightning.
Nearly 30 millimetres of rain fell in Young in the space of just half an hour.
DO YOU WANT MORE ORANGE AND DISTRICT NEWS?
- Receive our free newsletters delivered to your inbox, as well as breaking news alerts. Sign up below ...