ADMINISTRATORS appointed to oversee Fernbrew Pty Ltd have confirmed they are looking at the wholesale and distribution aspects of Rex D’Aquino’s business.
Hall Chadwick partners Richard Albarran, Brent Kijurina and David Ingram were appointed on January 30 after Mr D’Aquino opted to put the company into voluntary administration amid an $87 million tax debt.
“The company is engaged in the wholesale and distribution of alcoholic beverages,” a statement from Hall Chadwick said.
The administrators are gathering information, dealing with major stakeholders and assessing the financial position of the company to determine the extent to which the company can continue to trade.
“The administrators are gathering information, dealing with major stakeholders and assessing the financial position of the company to determine the extent to which the company can continue to trade.”
The Central Western Daily understands letters of demand have been sent to potential clients asking them not to pay Fernbrew or the D’Aquino Group of Companies, but directly to the ATO.
Mr D’Aquino was contacted for comment.
- READ ALSO: Liquor and Gaming reviews fresh allegations of false labelling at D’Aquinos
- READ ALSO: Scottish whisky group sues D’Aquinos for its ‘scotch’
- READ ALSO: D’Aquino fined $35,000 for emptying chemical drums into Summer Hill Creek
- READ ALSO: Highland Heritage helipad developers justify illegal works
- DO YOU WANT MORE ORANGE NEWS?
Receive our free newsletters delivered to your inbox, as well as breaking news alerts. Sign up below ...