A Kite Street house has become the latest CBD property to sell for more than a million dollars.
LJ Hooker Orange licensee Pat Cutcliffe said it was the third property in the street they had sold this year above the million mark.
He said the house, Belle Ash at 41 Kite Street, sold this week for $1.07 million to local buyers.
VIDEO: The pre-sale video for 41 Kite Street
Mr Cutcliffe said there was solid demand for property around that price in the CBD, particularly close to Cook Park.
“In that price bracket the quality of the buyer is strong,” he said.
“The market is strong with local buyers. That’s a good thing that we are not relying on out-of-town buyers.”
VIDEO: A look around a Bowen Terrace
The 1890s property has four bedrooms and two bathrooms on a large block.
Meanwhile one of Orange’s iconic Bowen Terrace apartments has been sold before it was due to go to auction.
The Bathurst Road terrace sold for $375,000 this month.
VIDEO: Pre-sale video for Uralla
One Agency Orange licensee Ash Brown said the buyers were “happy with the price” offered.
“The new local buyers are looking to bring it back to its former glory,” he said.
“They’re going to totally restore it. They’re really excited.”
OUR TOP SELLERS ...
Million dollar Orange CBD sales include:
- 27 Byng Street, $1.5 million, McCormack Barber
- 78 Byng Street, $1.46 million, McCormack Barber
- 26 Kite Street, $1.4 million, LJ Hooker
- 15 Sale Street, $1.29 million, Benchmark Rural and Lifestyle
- 72 Byng Street, $1.27 million, McCormack Barber
- 175 Anson Street, $1.25 million, McCormack Barber
- 40 Clinton Street, $1.2 million, Williams Machin
- 36 Hill Street, $1.1 million, Blowes Real Estate
- 41 Kite Street, $1.07 million, LJ Hooker
- 41 Byng Street, $1.03 million, McCormack Barber
- 62 Byng Street, $1.02 million, Townsend Real Estate
- 52 Kite Street, $1 million, LJ Hooker.
Meanwhile negotiations are close for the sale of one of Orange’s most expensive properties, Uralla, on Forest Road.
LJ Hooker Orange agent Alistair Miller said the property was passed in at auction this month with the highest bid of $2.45 million falling below the vendor bid of $2.6 million.
DO YOU WANT MORE ORANGE PROPERTY NEWS?
- Receive our free newsletters delivered to your inbox, as well as breaking news alerts. Sign up below …