ORANGE CYMS crowned themselves the premier junior rugby league club in the Central West on Saturday by securing three Group 10 premierships.
The green and golds won grand finals at Cowra’s Sid Kallas Oval in the first two deciders of the day – the under 10s and 11s – as well as in an epic under 15s match, which required two sets of extra time to determine a winner.
Mudgee Dragons also has a day to remember, with their under 12s and under 13s sides both taking home their respective silverware.
The other winners were hosts Cowra Magpies (under 14s) and Bathurst St Pat’s (under 16s).
RESULTS AND SCORERS FROM SATURDAY’S GRAND FINALS
- ORANGE CYMS 18 (Charlie Miller, Dylan Jones, Callum Miskell tries; Callum Miskell, Charlie Miller, Jack Gow goals) def BLOOMFIELD TIGERS 12 (Jock Selwood, Ravai Tulevu tries; Jake Nell, Mitch Powyer goals).
- ORANGE CYMS GOLD 30 (Taj Jordan 3, Riley Hoad, Thomas Tancred tries; Jordan, Haiden Porter, Isaac Clarke, Hoad, Chayse King convs) def MUDGEE GREEN 18 (Jaxon Griffith 2, Vincent McKid tries; Jack Colley, Connor McLean, Flynn Baggett convs).
- MUDGEE DRAGONS 22 (Jack Nicholas, Demiah Aniuu, Ned McCarney, Gilby Brown tries; Cooper Gant, Jack Nicholas, Xavier Yeo goals) def BATHURST ST PAT’S 6 (Volkan Gundaz try; Logan England goal).
- MUDGEE DRAGONS 20 (Bradley Riley 2, Jacob Noel, Jesse Bodium tries; Jamie Underwood 2 convs) def BLOOMFIELD TIGERS 0.
- COWRA MAGPIES 12 (Harry Thauxe, Jacob Haeata tries; Tom Negus 2 goals) def BATHURST PANTHERS 6 (Kane Wiggins try; Jesse Limon goal).
- ORANGE CYMS 18 (Isaac Cardwell 2, Jack Cole tries; Lincoln Huia, Liam Wilson convs; Huia pen) def LITHGOW STORM 14 (Zane Harrington, Zac Irwin tries; Cooper Egan 2 convs, Egan pen).
- BATHURST ST PAT’S 24 (Ash Cosgrove 2, Josh Hanrahan, Noah Cooney tries; Tyler Colley 4 goals) def ORANGE CYMS 18 (Liam Kennedy, Cooper Monk, Andy Milne tries; Addison Williams 3 goals).
DO YOU WANT MORE ORANGE SPORT?
- Receive our free newsletter delivered to your inbox every morning, as well as breaking news alerts. Sign up here