When the Wellington Times first reported on the upcoming Cob Loaf festival we wanted to enter a cob but we weren’t sure how we could enter a winning cob loaf considering the competition that would arrive.
Wellington Times journalist, Elouise Hawkey flexed her creative muscles and came up with what would become a people’s choice favourite at the Wellington COB Loaf festival – the dessert cob.
We posted a photo on Facebook that quickly went viral and the page has since been flooded with requests for the recipe. So in the spirit of generosity, we have decided to share it with you all.
THE DESSERT COB LOAF
- Double choc choc chip cob loaf (think of it as a big hot cross bun)
- Raspberry lollies
- Caramel sauce
- Cut the inside of the loaf open and pull the insides into small pieces
- Mix Nutella, cut up marshmallows and the raspberry into the nutella and pour into the cob
- Cut up or crush a crunchie chocolate bar and sprinkle on top
- Drizzle the caramel sauce over the entire cob loaf with a large spoon
- Dip and be sent to heaven