A GRASS fire near Cumnock which broke out on Sunday afternoon has been brought under control by Canobolas Zone Rural Fire Service (RFS) officers.
Tankers and aircraft fought the 360-hectare blaze near Avondale Road and were able to contain it withing three hours.
There were 120 volunteers on the ground, including some from the Orana zone.
They used seven heavy plant vehicles and two aircraft.
A statement on the Canobolas Zone NSW RFS Facebook page read: “It was only due to the swift and heavily-weighted response of volunteers in horrific conditions that this dangerous and fast-moving grass fire was able to be contained.”
The RFS confirmed two firefighters suffered minor injuries fighting the blaze on Sunday. Both were treated immediately and are doing well.
The fire danger rating in the Canobolas zone has been downgraded for Monday to very high.
VIDEO: Drone footage of the Cumnock fire:
Meanwhile, Uarbry, east of Dunedoo has been “all but wiped out” in a bushfire that ravaged the area, a resident claims, as firefighters continue to battle more that 80 blazes burning across the state.
The immediate threat to property from bushfires was downgraded early on Monday morning following cooler and calmer conditions overnight, but firefighters have warned the danger period is not yet over.
Dozens of properties are believed to have been damaged or destroyed, but the NSW Rural Fire Service said it could not provide a precise figure until Building Impact Assessment Teams inspected fire-ravaged areas on Monday to determine the extent of the loss.
A resident of Uarbry told the ABC that the town had been "all but wiped out" in a bushfire on Sunday.
That bushfire, which the RFS has called the Sir Ivan Fire, had burned about 41,650 hectares by Monday morning and was not yet contained.
Uarbry consists of only about 12 buildings, most of which were no longer standing, residents claimed.
As firefighters across the state battled the extreme conditions, three people were arrested after allegedly lighting fires in NSW, including a teenager in Orange.
The arrests prompted an outburst from Rural Fire Service Commissioner Shane Fitzsimmons, who slammed the alleged offenders - males aged 13, 32 and 40 - for the "heinous crimes".
"How dare they," he said.
"You put the lives of our firefighters at risk. How dare anybody add to the extraordinary conditions we're experiencing."