It’s always a challenging field at the Orange Rose Show. As well as working with nature to produce a stunning entry, competitors then have to face each other.
For the past 20 years Orange’s Zena Clout has been entering the show, which is held three times a year during each season.
On November 12, she won the Grand Champion for her Double Delight.
“The roses were very late flowering this year,” she said.
Mrs Clout said she had spent nearly three years growing the plant, she spends roughly 2.5 days in the garden each week.
“They’re pruned once a year to a small bush, I fertilise them and then have to watch for black spot,” she said.
“It’s a bit of fun, like all these competitive events.”
- Marie Smith Perpetual Trophy: Janet Johnstone
- Grand Champion Rose: Zena Clout
- Reserve Champion Rose: Janet Johnstone
- Champion Decorative Rose: J Johnstone
- Champion Miniature Rose: Robert and Elizabeth Smith
- Champion Novice Rose: Owen Murray
- Best Miscellaneous Exhibit: Robert and Elizabeth Smith
- Best Pot Plant: Robert and Elizabeth Smith
- Best Floral Art Exhibit: Nerena Branks