Looking for something to do this weekend?
Friday, August 23
* Don't miss buying a daffodil for today's Cancer Council fundraiser to support people undergoing treatment for cancer, their families and carers.
* Looking Back exhibition by Martin Coyte opens at Orange Regional Gallery tonight at 5.30pm for a floor talk, with the official opening at 6pm. Come along to see portraits by Martin Coyte, painted over the course of his career. Free entry.
* The Director's Choice exhibition opens at Orange Regional Gallery tonight at 6pm. Lots of quirky and fun artworks on show. Free entry.
* Metal Madness will hit the stage at Occidental Hotel from 6.30pm tonight. Orange band Deprivation is among the seven band line-up. Entry is $10 at the door.
* Jimmy Carr will perform at the Metro Hotel from 8pm tonight. Free entry.
Saturday, August 24
* The big cake bake is on at Orange's Red Cross Store on Anson Street. Come and buy a home baked treat have a complimentary tea or coffee. All funds raised go towards the work of the charity. On from 10am to 3pm.
* Be part of Orange City Council's master plan for Lucknow at a drop in session from 9am to 1pm. Residents are invited to come along to the Lucknow School Hall, Newman Street at any time during that period to talk with council staff and have their ideas recorded.
* Twilight Sounds music gig is on at Orange City Bowling Club from 7.30pm. Free entry for members.
* Amber Cashel Duo will hit the stage at Hotel Orange from 8.30pm. Free entry.
* The Legends tribute show is on at Taste Canowindra. See Andrew Farrell and Dave McMillan perform songs from 70's legends Bob Dylan, Elton John. James Taylor and Joe Cocker. Call 6344 2332 to book.
* The Gedupandans will perform live at Orange Ex-Services' Club's Northcott Lounge from 8pm. Free entry.
Sunday, August 25
* Suntrippers Motorcycle Club will hold their next ride to the 22nd annual Dubbo Lions Club Swap Meet and Bike Show. Meet outside East Orange Motors in Peisley Street at 9am and leave at 9.30am weather permitting. Visit www.suntrippersmc.com for more information.
* Check out the new Max Hazelton Aero Centre from 10am to 3pm at Orange Airport at an official public opening. Inspect the centre, talk to club members and find out what the future holds.
* The Reluctant Fundamentalist will screen at Odeon 5 Cinema at 7pm and again on Wednesday August 28 at 10.45am. Call 6362 0510 for session times.
* The City of Orange Eisteddfod vocal and instrumental competition begins. Eisteddfod programs now on sale at range Civic Theatre, Kingfisher School Gear and Lander's Music.
* The Fairbridge Farm exhibit is on at Molong Museum, noon to 3pm. Museum is at 20 Riddell Street.
* Renowned organist Dr Graeme Rawson will perform at Holy Trinity Anglican Church from noon. Small donations welcome at the door.
* Orange community markets are on at the Kmart car park from 8am to noon.
* Joy Engelman's exhibition Land/Marks is on at Jayes Gallery in Molong. Open 10am to 4pm all weekend. Exhibition will finish on Sunday.
* Looking Back by Martin Coyte is on at Orange Regional Gallery. Come along to see portraits by Martin Coyte, painted over the course of his career. Free entry.
* The Director's Choice exhibition is on at Orange Regional Gallery. Lots of quirky and fun artworks on show. Free entry.