Plenty of options for ambulance services

I WRITE to clarify the issue of ambulance billing in NSW and to allay concerns that some may have in relation to accessing emergency ambulance services in a medical emergency.

Many residents of NSW, including those who hold a pension, healthcare concession card or a Department of Veterans Affairs or Commonwealth seniors card may be  eligible for free ambulance services. Private health insurance also provides ‘ambulance only’ coverage for emergency ambulance services.

In the event that you receive an invoice for ambulance services check to see if you are entitled to a free service. NSW Ambulance also has a hardship policy to allow people to settle their account.

If unsure call our customer service centre by free call on 1300 655 200.

Most importantly the community should always call triple-0 and ask for ambulance in the event of a medical emergency.

Mike Willis,

Acting chief executive,

NSW Ambulance


Discuss "Plenty of options for ambulance services"

Please note: All comments made or shown here are bound by the Online Discussion Terms & Conditions.