The Catholic Diocese of Bathurst acknowledged the achievements of its 2017 year 12 graduates at the Diocesan HSC Awards at Orange Civic Theatre on Wednesday.
Students from James Sheahan Catholic High School joined their counterparts from six other Catholic schools across the diocese and their proud parents at the ceremony.
Executive Director of Schools Jenny Allen said perseverance and sheer hard work are required to achieve such marks.
“Our high achieving students excel in a wide range of learning disciplines,” Mrs Allen said.
“Collaborating with other students is very important, as is overcoming the fear of failure – but high marks don’t come without putting in long hours.”
In total, 531 students studied year 12 at one of the Catholic systemic schools across the Bathurst diocese.
Mrs Allen said it was with pride that she said goodbye to the year’s high academic achievers.
“Being graduates of Catholic schools we hope they’ll take with them the values they’ve learnt and be agents for positive change in the world,” Mrs Allen said.
- The CDF Scholarship for Highest ATAR: Jerome Arrow 99.75, St Stanislaus’ College and Callum Woodrow 99.75, La Salle Academy.
- Studies of Religion I Highest Mark: Callum Woodrow 50/50, La Salle Academy.
- Studies of Religion II Highest Mark: Jerome Arrow 98/100, St Stanislaus’ College.
- VET Student of the Year: Darragh Newton, St Stanislaus’ College.
- Indigenous VET Student of the Year: Peter Evans, St Johns College.
TOP OF THE CLASS
Students to achieve at least one band six mark:
- James Sheahan Catholic High School, Orange: Cameron Baker, Samuel Basha, Thomas Belmonte, Samuel Betts, Joel Blashki, Elizabeth Bowmer, Lucy Brisbane, Maddyson Cain, Georgia Collins, Jack Daintith, Olivia Englert, Brendan Geoghegan, Luke Kelly, Monique Kerwick, Michelle Lindsay, Tegan Mackay, Sarah Meacham, Alexandra Moes, Aidan Moriarty, Connor Morris, Mary Munro, Tara Nagle, Ellen Peebles, Emma Petraglia, Samantha Pluymers, Lilly Stoyles, Andren van Kemenade, Jack Willis, Gemma Wilson.
- MacKillop College, Bathurst: Casey Mutton (All Rounder Award), Marina Beattie, Lily Bennett, Katrina Casey, Erin Cobcroft, Ashleigh Cooke, Katie Hamment, Madison Hodder, Brooke Hooper, Jessica Iacano, Madeleine Matthews, Phoebe Morrison, Lucy Nolan, Cassandra Norton, Lily O’Toole, Sarah Pabis, Moumita Paul, Elise Pentecost, Molly Rich, Elisabeth Young.
- St Johns College, Dubbo: Lauren Berkery, Ainsley Carlow, Timothy Cushan, Kaylin Davis, Sophia Dickerson, Caitlin Doyle, Grace Dunn, Kate Dunn, Kynan Evans, Peter Evans, Xanthe Fardell, Rebecca Ferguson, Chloe Gesler, Asish Gurung, Minnie Harvey, Rebecca Irwin, Richard Johnson, Benjamin Knaggs, Anthony Labib, Grace Lennon, Ashleigh Middenway, Lauren Moody, Milla Morrison, Alyssa O’Leary, John Porter, Emma Stimpson, Areana Tran, Hayley Walsh, Madeleine Ward.
- St Matthews Catholic School, Mudgee: Isabelle Harris, Emma McCarthy-North.
- La Salle Academy, Lithgow: Callum Woodrow (All Rounder Award), Ebony Brown, Lauren Corney, Isaac Fardell, Mikaela Inzitari, Dalton Neville.
- St Stanislaus’ College, Bathurst: Jerome Arrow (All Rounder Award), Dominic McCrossin (All Rounder Award) Oliver O’Toole (All Rounder Award), Benjamin Clayton, Jack Cornish, Ethan Coyte, Jason Drew, Ryan Dury, Brandon Frape, Nathan Germech, Samuel Harris, Jamal Hopwood, Patrick Lemmich, Patrick Long, Luke Macauley, Eden McDonogh, Izaac Molenkamp, Joshua Morgan, Darragh Newton, Nicholas Sloane, Tom Statham, Anthony Taylor, Joel Thomas, Nicholas Trengove, Tom Veitch, Jack Whiteley, Samuel Johnston, Nathan Luck, Xavier Lynch, Harrison Selmes, Ben Statham.
- St Raphael’s Catholic School, Cowra: Katie Brown