HAVING driven cars for over 60 years, I now drive with the following thoughts in mind:
1. Assume that every driver is either a potential psychopath or is affected by a variety of drugs, or both.
2. Ignore the signal given by other car's blinkers. Often they are meaningless, because they've simply been left on.
3. Slow right down and touch your brakes when a car appears from nowhere and sits on your tail.
4. Be aware that probably the most dangerous places to drive in Orange are in large car-parking areas, especially the Woolworths area.
5. Understand that today's pedestrians will almost certainly break all the rules for pedestrians, especially at traffic light crossings.
6. Taxi drivers sometimes have their own set of road rules and are best kept at some distance.
Good luck as you drive in and around Orange … you'll probably need it.
HAVE YOUR SAY …