Dubbo-based Belmur notifies ASIC company to be wound up

TAKING THE REINS: Belmur Pty Ltd stopped work on the Burrendong Way more than a week ago. Photo: JUDE KEOGH 0517jkburrendong2

TAKING THE REINS: Belmur Pty Ltd stopped work on the Burrendong Way more than a week ago. Photo: JUDE KEOGH 0517jkburrendong2

ORANGE City Council will complete works on the Burrendong Way after the contractor entered liquidation.

The 55-metre road reconstruction project was contracted to Dubbo-based company Belmur Pty Ltd for $598,800.

However, the company is now under external administration – on Wednesday, it notified the Australian Securities and Investment Commission it would be wound up and a liquidator appointed.

The Central Western Daily understands work stopped on Tuesday last week. 

Council spokesman Nick Redmond said the council had been notified of the liquidator.

“We now have powers to take over the works and we have exercised that power,” he said.

“We will finish the project – we’re still getting the scope of the remaining works but we hope to be on site early next week if all goes well.”

The contract was awarded earlier this year after tenders in the first round in December failed to meet the budget and the scope of the work was revised.

Belmur did not respond to requests for comment.

Smartphone
Tablet - Narrow
Tablet - Wide
Desktop