DEE JAY KENT, 21, has been caught driving while disqualified for the second time in just a week.
Kent, was spotted by police officers at 1.43am on Thursday morning in Dalton Street.
When police pulled him over and searched his vehicle they found an unregistered firearm, a knife and a tomahawk in the vehicle.
Kent appeared in Orange Local Court late on Thursday morning after being refused bail.
The court heard the firearm was actually a replica pistol Kent had in his possession “to scare people.”
Kent pleaded guilty to charges of driving an unregistered vehicle and carrying a knife in a public place.
However, his Legal Aid solicior Rebecca McIlveen said Kent would defending two other charges, saying he had possession of the tomahawk for wood cutting and the firearm was a replica.
Opposing bail, police prosecutor Sergeant Andy Bobin said Kent’s criminal record was no help to him.
“His record lets him down,” he said.
Mr Bobin said Kent needed to remain in custody for the protection of the community because he had breached a Section 9 good behaviour bond, which was due to expire later this month.
“He also has two further Section 9 bonds for assault and breaching a court order,” Sergeant Bobin said.
However, Ms McIlveen told the court her client had not been arrested for serious offences and had co-operated with police.
She also said two white tablets found on her client had later proved to be Stemetil anti-nausea medication and not illicit drugs.
In requesting bail, Ms McIlveen said her client would live with his mother and be able to continue working as a trolley boy, which he does on a casual basis three to four days a week.
She said her client was about to enrol in an engineering course at TAFE.
However, Magistrate Terry Lucas was not convinced Kent should be granted bail.
“I disqualified you last week and here you are back again today, so bail is refused,” he told Kent.
A pre-sentence report has been ordered for Kent’s next court appearance in April.